Who can certify your ID documents
On this page members can look up who can certify their ID documents and how the certification should be completed.
Certifying ID documents
ID documents need to be certified before they are sent to us so we can confirm that they are true and identical copies of the original/s.
How to certify documents
- If you have multiple copies, each copy must be independently certified. Photocopies of one certified copy will not be accepted
- After sighting the original and the copy and making sure both documents are identical, the certifier* must include on EACH page:
- Written or stamped ‘certified true copy’
- Their signature and printed full name
- Their qualification (such as Justice of the Peace, Australia Post employee, etc.)
- The date (please note that we cannot accept documents that are dated more than 12 months old)
* A verification of the certifying party may be performed and if a discrepancy arises, and you may be requested to re-certify documentation.
Who can certify ID documents?
If you need to have your ID documents certified, any of the following people can help you.
A person in one of the following occupations:
A person on the following list: