Making payments and reporting
When you join Media Super you’ll receive access to our Employer Portal*, an easy to use and efficient payment platform.
Employer Portal allows you to:
- Lodge SG contributions, as well as additional salary sacrifice or payroll deductions your employees have requested, to multiple funds
- Update business and contact details, communication preferences and user permissions
- Access your data securely via SMS verification
- Access reporting and receipts in just a few clicks
- Opt in to receive a notification whenever a receipt of payment contribution is available
Unique Superannuation Identifier (USI)
A Unique Superannuation Identifier (USI) is used to identify individual super funds and specific super fund products.
Following the merger between Cbus Super and Media Super, we now have two USI’s:
Media Super Division of Cbus
When making super contributions for your employees, it’s important to use the Media Super Division USI.
The USI factsheet provides the information you need and what to do if you’ve used the incorrect USI when making super contributions.
If you change the key contact person, address, phone number or email address for your business, you need to let us know by updating the details in the Employer Portal or by calling 1800 640 886.
Keeping your details updated ensures you continue to receive relevant information.
Your employee details
If your employees change their contact details or leave your employment, please update their information on the Employer Portal. This will ensure we can keep in touch with members about their super.
Under government legislation, employers are required to report the following details on employee payslips:
- Actual contributions paid rather than just accrued contributions
- The period over which the contributions were accrued
- Information about which fund the contributions are being paid into
Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions
Super contributions made by salary sacrifice, or extra super contributions for an employee may need to be reported on your employee’s payment summary. These contributions are called 'Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions' (RESCs).
RESCs are not included in your employee's assessable income. However, you must report them to the ATO as part of your payment summary reporting.
*The Media Super Employer Portal is provided by SuperChoice Services Pty Ltd (ACN 109 509 739) as an authorised representative (336522) of PayClear Services Pty Ltd (ACN 124 852 320 AFSL 314357) for Media Super employers.
Get started with Employer Portal
Learn more about our payment system.