Super for children

Children working in the entertainment industry are eligible to earn some super and due to the nature of this type of employment those children’s accounts may become eroded over time due to fees and, where applicable, insurance premiums*. In certain circumstances the balance of these accounts may be withdrawn.

Can my child’s super be withdrawn?

Yes, if your child’s employment has ceased and the balance is less than $200. Once the withdrawal is made the account will be closed.

How to claim

To make a withdrawal on behalf of your child please complete the Benefit payment form and return it along with the additional documentation as detailed below:

  • certified birth certificate of the child must be supplied in all cases, and
  • certified identification of the parent or guardian as detailed on the form, including identification which proves the relationship to the child.

Child members under the age of 18 can make a withdrawal personally by completing the Benefit payment form and returning it along with the required proof of identity documents as detailed on the form.

Should you require further information please contact our Super Helpline 1800 640 886 with any questions you may have.


*For information about employer-sponsored insurance for child members and how premiums are calculated, please read the Insurance Guide.