Important information for member applications
Important information to know before submitting your member application
You are applying to become a member of Media Super and acknowledge and agree that you:
- are bound by the Trust Deed and rules that govern Media Super
- have received all information which you require to exercise the choices you have made, and have received and read the Member Guide Product Disclosure Statement
- accept that the illustrations of risk and return shown in the PDS are based on assumptions which may or may not be borne out in practice
- understand that investment returns are not guaranteed and can be positive or negative
- if you need assistance in relation to your application, you should seek advice from a licensed financial adviser.
And in relation to your privacy, you acknowledge and understand that:
- Media Super collects personal information, including sensitive information such as health information, in order to: process applications for, and facilitate the provision of, its superannuation fund products and services; establish and maintain insurance cover; assess and process claims; and comply with its statutory obligations. Media Super may also collect non-sensitive personal information in order to send information about other products or services which may be of interest to you.
- This information may be disclosed to third parties who assist Media Super in providing its products and services, including the Fund’s administrator, Mercer Outsourcing (Australia) Pty Ltd (Mercer), insurers, mail houses, professional advisers, identity verification services, other super funds and financial institutions to which a benefit may be paid. Some of these service providers may be located overseas, in countries including the UK, USA, New Zealand, Bermuda, Singapore or India.
- You consent to your information being collected, disclosed and used in the manner set out in this form.